Saturday, March 8, 2008

Yes, Jesus Loves Asher

We were in the place of mega memory making--the rocking chair--and I was singing my nightly rendition of "Jesus Loves Me." After I completed one sing-through, Asher pulled his paci out and whispered:

"Jesus lahvs me, this I know. Foah da Bible tews me so. Little ones...belong. They awur...shtrong. Yes, Jesus lahvs me."

I had no idea he knew the whole song. I had never heard him try it. Sudden revelations like this astound me. He is learning so much so fast. But of all the things I want him to learn, that Jesus loves him is foremost. It's foremost for all of us. When we accept and believe completely that Jesus loves us--always, unconditionally--we trust Him more. We rest in Him more. And we, in turn, love Him more.

I am so blessed by my little boy. He is surely proof that yes, Jesus loves me. Such a crucial and amazing truth. Such a precious boy.

No comments: