Once more, God spoke to me through my son. Asher is a blessing in so many ways, and to hear God's voice through him is no exception. This time, God spoke directly to something I have been struggling with for a while, and most deeply for the past few months.
Asher likes to "drive" our cars (while they're parked, ok?). I mean, he loves it. Can't see a parked car without begging for it. So, we let him do it. He'll stay for the longest time without tiring. But eventually we either have to go where we were going or I get bored standing there. If I stand too close, he becomes too preoccupied with the inevitability of me reaching in to take him out, that he ceases to enjoy driving. Today, as I began to lean his way, he just sat facing the window, whining and frowning at me. And today, I got it. I heard the Lord point out to me that that's EXACTLY what I've been doing in my world every day. I can't enjoy the astounding blessings that surround me these days because I worry so much about what I think is coming. I assume that surely I can't be experiencing good times and, on top of that be hearing messages about storms, without the inevitable thundercloud approaching my household any minute! Surely that's the rumble of thunder I hear beyond the laughter.
Well, whatever. If it comes, it comes. I can't change whether it does. God will see me through what comes. He promises that. He also promised that we'll have tribulation in this world. But dog-gone-it, I can't worry about when it will come and what it will be when it does. It's then that I miss the sheer pleasure of "driving."
Friday, March 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a wonderful analogy Ky... your blog is such a blessing to me!
Post a Comment