Sunday, August 12, 2007

Ode to Aging

Yesterday, 28 crept up from behind and overtook me. 28 makes me nervous due to its close proximity to...you know...30. Before those of you 30 and over take offense, accept my disclaimer that it's fine for YOU to be 30 and over, but it doesn't seem right on me. Last time I checked, I was 16.

It's strange, that's all.

To add salt to the wound, I was displaced from my dear, treasured Sunday School class (known as the youngest couples class) and moved to **gasp** the older couples class. Kick me while I'm down. (I feel impressed to add here that I thoroughly enjoyed today, our first meeting with our new class! God probably has something mighty in store for me there. Besides, those old folks have mad bingo skills.)

Now, on to a similar yet brighter note. My sweet husband gave me a framed picture of Asher as part of my birthday present! He took it while I wasn't around, removed it from the camera and hid it in the computer. Sneeky and so thoughtful. This precious gift is probably the most adorable picture of Asher that I've ever seen. See for yourself:

This is a pretty fantastic accomplishment since most of his pictures are incredibly adorable. I'm just saying. But I digress...

Thank you to everyone who made me feel so special on my birthday! I am blessed with awesome friends and family who love me and humor me by telling me how young I am. They're so kind that they will be doing so even when I am 89.

Oh, I also got a Chi straight iron for my birthday, so look out Lucy Liu!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the most adorable picture that I have ever seen of Asher. I love reading your blogs. You do have some really awesome friends but you're an awesome girl so what do you expect?

Anonymous said...

Ditto! Cutest picture ever! That was really sweet of Ryan to be so sneeky. I am really glad you enjoyed your new Sunday School class; however, are missed dearly in your old class! Also, so glad you had a great birthday.

P.S. I will have to show Nattie that picture of Asher! :P